Memorial Day TIPS:
* Cocktails for everyone! Serve up some patriotic drinks that everyone can enjoy. Guests can enjoy a “Patriotic Pina Colada”. For the non-drinkers, serve up an ice cold ”Liberty Lemonade” in a cute jar of course! Everyone will be satisfied.
* Refresh! A yogurt parfait is a delicious and patriotic snack. Set out bowls of blueberries and strawberries for your guests to layer as they please.
* Make your centerpieces do double duty! Layer red, white, and blue candy in a glass vase to dress up your table and for guests to enjoy! Include fun items such as a pinwheel for each guest to take home at the end of the event.
* Beach Balls! Kick off the summer in a patriotic style. Red, white and blue beach balls will add a summer look and bring some entertainment too.
* Timeless Photos. Whether you have a photographer at your party or you are the photographer, set up a cute and easy photo booth! Guests will enjoy taking pictures and you will love looking back on them. Include fun props such as American Flags and other patriotic items!
Random Memorial Day FACTS & FIGURES:
* Memorial day was first celebrated on May 30, 1868.
* Memorial Day is a day of remembrance of those who have died serving our country.
* Red Poppies are recognized as the Memorial Day flower.
* Flowers and flags are the two most popular items people use to remember soldiers.
* Memorial Day was declared a federal holiday in 1971.