Valentine’s Day is such a fabulously gratuitous holiday that it’s a shame not to take full advantage of it. Even if you just gather up all of the pink and red foods, candy, and accents you can think of, you’re way ahead of the game. Make your significant other feel like the rock star they are by doing something really personal, different and of course, from the heart!
Fun Ideas Include:
• Cluster votive or pillar candles atop some pink, red and/or white candy for a simple, cool and festive centerpiece
• Say “I Love You” (or any other message of your choice) by placing these handwritten words of affection inside a box of chocolates for your darling to discover
• Decorate a salad with heart shaped beets or croutons, or use the same design to create cookies, brownies or pancakes
• Pour a bowl of oatmeal in a heart shaped pattern, and add festive toppings for a special breakfast
• Turn a fortune cookie into a valentine by wrapping it in a damp paper towel, and then microwave it for 50-60 seconds. Remove the original message, insert your own greeting and mold the cookie back to its original shape
Have a ball!