How To Make Your Baby Shower A Royal Engagement!
We can’t get enough of them! The royal family is all over the news! Believe it or not, there is even a “Royals” tab on the People.com website to keep us updated on all the happenings! But I have to admit, who would argue that Princess Charlotte and Prince George are not super adorable? Well, we all might not live in the life of luxury like the royal family, but we can for sure plan a baby shower that is fit for the royals!
In a little “throwback Tuesday/Thursday something post”, I figured I’d share royal AND affordable party planning tips to celebrate the coming of your bundle of joy in a segment clip I did for WLOS ABC. So kick back and enjoy!
Related: Baby Shower 101
Here’s The Clip Where I Cover Party Planning Ideas For Your Baby Shower:
Here’s a summary of the tips from the clip. Take them and make them your own.
4 Tips To Celebrate Your Bundle Of Joy:
1. Paper Products
- Invitations – Go all out! It’s your opportunity to make a royal statement for your bundle of joy! Why not design your own royal crest? Play it up with the baby’s initials or your family name and have it open up into a beautiful letterpress invitation. Or, create a fun little book with a laser cut design and pops of color to get everyone excited about all the details to come.
- Place cards – Personalize your event by having your guests’ names written on place cards. It makes your shower a little more formal, or royal!
- Placemats – Use beautiful laser cut placemats on your buffet under your serving platters!
- Decorating Contest – A onesie decorating contest is a fun way to get your guests involved and show their creativity. Guys can join in too if they are included in the shower. Give a prize for the best one. At the end of the party, the mom-to-be will have a ton of personalized onesies made by friends and relatives.
- Decorate Placemats – These days, kids are often times invited to baby showers. Keep them busy with a fun craft.
3. Royal Buffet
- Pedestal – This is a total DIY project! Spray paint a plate and some glasses to make a beautiful pedestal to display delicious tea sandwiches.
- Dessert – We have all seen cupcakes served at a party, but why not step it up a notch and do mini ice cream sandwiches, petit fours, or truffles.
- Plates and cups don’t all have to match. Find ones that you can combine together.
- Adorn the tables with faux jewels and diamonds (or use the real stuff if you just by chance have it lying around)!
Big Take Away – Plan Ahead!
Do you think the royals plan a baby shower in a day? Of course not! The finer things in life take a little thought and planning! Believe me, these baby shower ideas are totally doable and they don’t have to cost a fortune. Just be sure to plan ahead and you can celebrate like royalty!
Tell Us Your Favorite Tip:
Let us all learn from each other. Which of these affordable baby shower party planning tips is your fave? Do tell! Give us your tips, tricks, feedback and resources in the comments below. And if you like it, please be a sweetheart and share this post?
xx – Marley
Oh, and here’s the video, which was the point of this whole blog.
Want To See More Video Clip Tips?
Great! Click on some of these links below: